Pages

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

what did you do on your day off?

Oh nothing, just went to Disney World. Saying that will never get old.

In the past couple weeks, I've been working a lot. Sunday was a 13 hour shift, but it really wasn't as bad as it sounds. Just tiring. And I really do like the Crystal Palace, I'm very happy with my location. And it doesn't hurt that I see a castle whenever I look out the window of the restaurant. Pretty sweet.

So far, I've played tourist at Epcot, Hollywood Studios 4 times, and Magic Kingdom about a billion times.

Epcot was awesome. I had never been before, so I wore my 1st visit button and played tourist. We rode Test Track twice, which was a total blast. Sam, Amanda, and I spent a good 7 hours there, riding rides and traveling around the world. So so so baller. Soarin' was pretty sweet. And we spent a solid $16 on lunch alone, but it was totally worth it. A real meal... wonderful. After running around and playing all day, we were exhausted and all had work the next day, so it was a chill night at the apartment.

On the next day off (I think it was Tuesday?) I went to Hollywood Studios for the first time in forever. Last time I went there was no Tower of Terror and it was still MGM. Speaking of Tower of Terror... SO MUCH FUN. Such a great ride. Then there's the Great Movie Ride, which always makes me believe I was born during the wrong time period. And there is that whole Pixar world... and Star Tours. Star Tours. Totally went all nerd and freaked a little bit. That day at Hollywood was a bit short, we were only there for 4 hours or so.

Since it was only like 3 in the afternoon, we decided to go to Magic Kingdom and play. I forgot how great the Teacups are. So much more fun than I remember them being. This whole going to the parks for free thing is pretty awesome.

One day after work (Wednesday maybe?) I met up with my friend Mandie to go play in Magic Kingdom. We both work there; she's in attractions. We played tourist, and there were like no lines. It was great! In just 2 and a half hours we got to ride Pirates, Jungle Cruise, Aladin's Carpet ride, Haunted Mansion, and a couple other attractions. Really, no lines. Total blast kids, total blast.

I've had to work everyday since then; today was my first day off since last Tuesday. Sunday was a 13 hour shift, but it really wasn't as bad as it sounds. I'm just tired, I don't sleep nearly as often as I would like. Good thing I go to Tech, it has taught me how to live on no sleep so well. And for some reason I keep forgetting to eat. We're all so busy that most of us get about a meal a day. It's cool though, I don't really notice it.

Today Amanda and I went to Hollywood Studios (again). This time we played little kid and met characters. Oh, and rode Tower of Terror and Rockin' Rollercoaster. It was a long day, I think 7 hours in the park? Something like that. Total blast though. Here are a couple of my favorites from the past week or so.

So stinking fun.

So was this one.

GIANT HAT

I could so be Snow White

And of course.....

The castle

Well, that's about it that's going on here. I work, I try to remember to eat and sleep, and play in parks. I can't believe it's only been a little over 2 weeks since getting here, it feels like I've been gone for a really long time. But now that work has officially started, I have a feeling time is going to start going by quickly.

On a random side note, today was Bid Day back at Tech!!! Yay new baby squirrels!

And on that note, I will end this seemingly never ending post. That's what happens when I put posting off for almost 2 weeks I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment