Pages

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Training!

has started. And boy did we learn A LOT.

So. Training. Well, first let me tell you about yesterday. We had a day off to get used to Orlando and do any shopping for the apartment and food and whatnot. I decided to sleep in, because I figure that is not going to be happening much in the next few months. I woke up around 11 and decided to drive around and find places. And I found some places. Well, a Target, a couple Walmarts, Medieval Times, and roughly 5,197 outlet malls/stores. Orlando is a mega outlet world. It's awesome. Sort of. I don't really have money to shop.

After my driving adventure, I went back to the apartment and just chilled. A few of the roomies were at Walmart, so I just watched tv and tried to get all settled in. When everyone was finally home, one of my roomies, Pamela, decided to go to Target to look for a tv. She went with one of her buddies that is also a CP. A couple other roomies needed to get shoes, and I had nothing else to do, so we went to the mall that is literally a 10-15 minute walk from our front door. I know, ballin. Since we were all leaving at the same time, Pamela dropped us off at the mall. I mean really, if someone is willing to drive, I can't turn it down.

So me, Tabbie, and Amanda went shopping for a little while. They found the shoes they needed and I had to stop myself from buying extra shoes that I don't need. See, the thing about me that a lot of people don't know is that I love shoes. And bags. They are my weakness. I'm serious. If you look in my closet, you will find way too many bags and pairs of shoes. It's like my one major girly thing.

Anyways. Outlet mall. We walked home since it is so close. Then all the roomies just kind of chilled out and watched a movie for the rest of the night. We had traditions the next day!

I got lucky and had a later start time. If I had the first one, it would have meant waking up at like 6 in the morning to be on a bus by 6:45. Instead, I had to be on a bus at 12:45 for my 2 PM class. Which was nice, because 3 of my other roomies had the same time, so we all walked to the bus together.

Training was pretty cool. We learned a lot of stuff. Like a lot. I think it made everyone even more excited, like it's starting to sink in that we're here, and going to be here for a few months. This kind of helped seal the deal too


That's right. My name tag. With my super shortened school name. But Georgia Institute of Technology wouldn't really fit. At least they didn't put Georgia Tech University. Bleh, I hate it when people make that mistake. I really cannot stand it. So don't do it people, it is just wrong.

And isn't it so cute in the little glove?! It's a soap dish, but I think it'll be much better as a name tag holder. One of my awesome going away gifts. Zapp, Bender, and Nibbler think it's pretty baller too. Leela is there too, but somehow isn't in this picture. It's all on my nightstand. I really think my nightstand pretty much sums me up very well. Maybe I'll take a picture of it later.


That is roughly 60 packets of Ramen. Well, I guess now it would be 58, I had some for dinner last night and Laura had some for dinner tonight. I had popcorn. I'll post a picture of my pantry shelf later, it pretty much has cereal, tomato soup, popcorn, and chips. And blue box mac n cheese. It looks like we're eating a bunch of ramen and a lot of sandwiches here. It's cheap!

I really have no idea what The Crystal Palace is like, I've never been there before. It looks fancy though!

1 comment:

  1. I just typed up a long comment and then blogger ate it, d'oh!

    Lucky you with the late Trad time! I never got used to morning classes, even when I became a facilitator!

    I feel kind of bad for you starting at CP during free dining, but you'll definitely learn quick that way! I had fun working at MK, but I always had to leave my apartment like 45 min before work even though it was only a 10 min drive to leave time to find a parking space, wait for the bus, head through the tunnels, upstairs, and out to my location. Whew! At least you get paid walk time!

    ReplyDelete