Pages

Thursday, July 29, 2010

it's already time for finals?

Dude. In 11 days, it will be August 9th, and I will be in Orlando. That is just weird. Which also means that I leave here in 10 days.... Woah, can't handle that right now.

Today was my last day of work at Boaty's. I really can't believe that summer is almost over. It feels like just yesterday I was in the middle of dead week, stressing over finals. And it's already that time of the semester. Dead week. Finals start Monday at 8 am. Well, at least my one final does. Yes, that's right, my ONE final is during the FIRST testing period. That's going to be a fun, early drive to campus.

Summer dead week is a little different than fall or spring dead week, at least it is for me. I only have one class, which makes it really difficult to want to study. "It's only one class, there is plenty of time to study." Yeah, I tell myself that, and the next thing I know I'm sitting in a lecture hall taking a test. Anyways, this is my last attempt at procrastinating. Usually I would be in the library studying for finals, but not this semester. That whole living at home thing poses a problem. The library was a 3 minute drive from my dorm last semester. This semester, more like 30 minutes north on 75, and that's when traffic is moving. Oh Atlanta traffic....

Anyways, studying. Yeah, not really happening right now. But it's a big tv night! So You Think You Can Dance and Futurama were on tonight. And the new season of Jersey Shore. That show is just like a car crash that you don't want to look at, but can't look away. Oh well, I watch Real Housewives of New Jersey too, it's my trashy tv and there really isn't much else to do in McDonough.

I was going to be very productive after work before all my shows came on. That was my plan. Study until it's time for tv. But then I looked at my desk. And I reconsidered. It is just...

Well....

I mean....

it's summer....

and I haven't used this desk in forever.... and.... um....

oh just look at a picture of the train wreck



Yeah... I've had this desk for quite some time. Notice how there is no chair. That has been taken to my brothers room. If you look underneath, you can see where there used to be a shelf thingy for a keyboard, back when I had a desktop. That little shelf had to go away when my legs grew and were too long to fit underneath. And there is really no need, I have a laptop. There is no point at trying to fix this problem. It's just a lost cause, this messy desk. Buzz is there, Arrested Development DVDs, 30 Rock, Harry Potter, the complete Angel series, a rubiks cube... my rat cap? I still have that? sweet, I thought that one got lost in a move. Anyways, yeah, no point in cleaning this off. Because honestly, I have no idea where to put it. All this stuff would just end up on the floor. And it's not like there is left over food lost in the mix or anything. Just stuff.

Stuff that I'm going to take with me to Orlando. That packing list.... still need to do that. After finals. AFTER FINALS. I have to keep reminding myself of that. after finals.... starting next week. After Monday at 10:30 AM, finals will be over. And the packing will begin. Then. Not now.

Well, that little blog thing, the random thoughts of my day, let me avoid studying for a little while. I guess i should get back to that. Bleh. Since I have no desk, I've resorted to my bed. Which is just....



It can be a little stressful. Here's a list of the topics: (and this is just a basic list. You should see how many notes and practice problems I have. It is disgusting)
electric charges and forces
electric fields
gauss's law
electric potential
potential and fields
current and resistance
circuits
the magnetic field
electromagnetic induction
electromagnetic fields and waves
AC circuits

I have the essentials: my favorite snack cereal, Diet Dr. Pepper, and Pandora.

And I guess all that important stuff, like my book, calculator, notes....

And Herman.



2 comments:

  1. aww cute i didnt know you were going to work at disney soooo jealous :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck with the finals bpow. i know herman has magical powers to help your memory with your crazy smart tech stuff. i looove you

    ReplyDelete