Pages

Monday, June 7, 2010

2 months away

Well, 2 months until I leave mcdonough (it's about 30 minutes south of atlanta, ga for the majority of people who have no idea where this is)

The plan is to head to Tampa. I lived there a few years ago, so the family wants to visit with some old friends. I can't complain, go to Florida early? With the potential of a trip to Busch Gardens? oh darn?

That being said, these next 2 months are probably going to feel like 2 years. And taking Physics 2 doesn't help much. Summer class... at least it's only 1 class this summer. And working. Pretty chill. It gets me out of the house, this whole living at home for the summer is different, last summer I lived in my sorority house on campus, so this is the first time I've lived at home since the summer before college. That, my friends, is a new experience.

So, back to something related to DCP. I think everything is squared away with school, thank goodness. Speaking of school, I still have MasteringPhysics homework. Oh well, I have until midnight.

These blogs will probably make more sense as I get closer to my departure date, like what I plan on packing and all that stuff. I need to work on my wardrobe for the whole Disney look. As in, I need clothes that aren't t-shirts and jeans. I have a feeling that's where the first paycheck from this summer job is going to go. Well, now that I've mentioned the "Disney look," I guess I should explain what that is.

Basically, it's the dress code. One rule that stands out for me: jewelry.

· Rings, earrings and a classic business-style wristwatch are permitted.
· Necklaces, bracelets and ankle bracelets are not permitted. A medical-alert necklace, bracelet or ankle bracelet is acceptable.
· Earrings must be a simple, matched pair in gold, silver or a color that blends with the costume. One earring in each ear is permitted. Earrings may be clip-on or pierced and must be worn on the bottom of the earlobe. Post earrings may not exceed the size of a quarter. Hoop earrings no larger than a dime are also permitted.

One earring in each ear. One. One. One. I'm used to the 11 that are in my ears. So those have got to go. Now. That's the one big rule that stood out, but here are the other ones for those that are curious:

In addition to those, there are guidelines for hair, nails, make-up, shoes, any pins you may want to wear, name tag, and facial hair for guys. Hair has to look natural, so no crazy styles or colors. Good thing I got that phase over with back in high school. Nails just have to be neat, clean, and no crazy colors, so no more black nails. Make-up...well, I don't wear make-up... but basically natural and minimal. Don't look like you're going out on the town. Look classy. Shoes are all determined by costume, so I don't know what mine are yet. There are certain requirements if you want to wear a pin on your costume, like which ones are approved and how many. Name tags are your first or middle name and your hometown. I'm different and will have my middle name, so Brooke will be on my name tag! There is a certain way to wear it too.

The clothes that I need to get are the professional looking ones. You know, slacks, dress pants, that whole deal. I really want to know what kind of costume I'm going to be wearing, but I won't find out until I get there. I'm sure it will be rather baller.

Well, would you look at that, I wrote a legit blog. Sort of. I guess I could make one about my favorite Disney movies or something like that. Maybe if I get bored or something.

Vlog update: I'm still planning on doing one, but at the moment my camera and I are fighting to the death. By that I mean it refuses to work and just won't listen to me when I tell it to work. Stubborn technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment